The Echo is an elegant and historic stone structure on the historic thoroughfare in the heart of Niagara Falls.
The building harkens back to one of the most important personage of Niagara Falls,Thomas V. Welch.
The land in which the building is situated was once the property of John Stedman. He started the farm at Schlosser and was leading a wagon train on the portage when the Devil's Hole Massacre occurred in September of 1763.
Another owner of the property was the famous Peter B. Porter. Porter served with distinction and fought many battles of the War of 1812. Porteer also served as President John Adams Secretary of War, was a member of congress and served in the New York Assembly.
Welch, a businessman,politician and first superintendant of the Naiagara Reservation, the first state park in the nation, originally had the Echo building constructed. In 1883, he bought the land bordered by the Portage Road, Niagara Falls Street, 19th Street and Niagara Street(then called Plank road). Welch has the stone structure built as a duplex in 1892. He occupied on side and his relative the other. In 1899, there were a dozen members of the Welch Family living there. Glacial stone was used for the proches and exterior walls.
iTrueReview Restaurant Reviews:
Echo Club is currently not a participating iTrueReview Restaurant Reviews Partner. Restaurant reviews captured on iTrueReview.com are from actual guests sharing their experiences while they were still inside the business.