Anderson's was started in 1946 by Carl and Greta Anderson, the son and daughter of Swedish immigrants. They opened Anderson's Frozen Custard on White Plains Boulevard, Bronx, New York. Homesick for Buffalo, Carl and Greta returned to open another custard stand on Kenmore Avenue in 1947. Hard work and quality soon earned them a great reputation and allowed them to replace their small custard stand with a larger one on Sheridan Drive in 1953. Years later, the tradition was passed on to another generation of Anderson's who keep the same dedication to quality and value as Carl and Greta, while finding fun and tasty new ways to excite guests.